Grants to Local Nonprofits
- Deadline for submission is March 31, 2014.
- All grant applications will be available March 1 thru March 31, 2014.
- Notification of grant decisions takes place May 2014.
- Grants are awarded August 8, 2014.
Do you know a small non-profit whose mission includes improving the emotional and financial well-being of women and children? Encourage them to apply for an eWomenNetwork Foundation Grant!
All across North America there are countless worthwhile initiatives taking place that are truly making a difference for women and children in need. We know that local non-profits typically get their start when an individual, or group of like-minded people, decides to create an organization to address an unmet need in their community. Much like the entrepreneurial businesswoman, these start-up organizations need all the help they can get to make it and thrive over time. We know that even the smallest of organizations can make a big impact. In the spirit of "lifting as we climb," the eWomenNetwork Foundation exists in part to support these little known non-profits by providing small grants that can make a big difference.
Our local eWomenNetwork Chapters raise funds continuously throughout the year so they can qualify to issue a Grant. The Foundation funds raised by each chapter are set aside for distribution to charitable organizations located in the area from which they were generated. Foundation Grant packages include a combination of a $6,000 cash grant and the sponsorship of a grantee representative to attend a special Grants Program at the eWomenNetwork International Conference and Business Expo. Grant seekers are also invited to apply directly online but will only be considered if they operate in a region where there is an active chapter of eWomenNetwork that is issuing a Grant.
Grant decisions are made with the support of a locally formed review committee. The selection process includes a comprehensive evaluation of the organization, a financial review and a possible site visit to assure that the organization is worthy, addresses the specific criteria of the Foundation and practices sound financial management.
If you are a certified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and fit the criteria listed below, you are welcome to apply for one of our $6,000 grants.
In order to be considered for this grant, an organization must:
- Be a certified 501(c)(3) non-profit; an Internal Revenue Service "Letter of Determination" must be available for submission/review. Canadian organizations must be registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency and be able to provide a letter of registration for review
- Have been in existence for over three years, with an annual budget of over $25,000 and under $1 million and not be a part of a national organization.
- Not be affiliated with a national organization.
- Have submitted Internal Revenue Service Form 990 for two consecutive years and be able to submit an interim financial statement representing data as recent as the last 90 days.
- Address the issues of health, wellness and/or safety of underprivileged women and/or children.
- Prove that 80% of the clients benefiting from the grant will be women and/or children from the local city/county area in which the grant has been issued.
- Submit a report on the use of grant funds and their impact one year after the grant has been issued.
- Send a representative to Dallas to receive the grant award in person, and participate in a Grants Program in conjunction with the eWomenNetwork annual Conference.
- Not have a partisan, religious or political agenda.
If you need any further information, please send an email to Foundation@eWomenNetwork.com.